Thank you for visiting my page. If you wish to schedule an appointment with me, you can email me and I will get back to you. You can also call the school at 956-427-3060. The front office will get your message to me if I am not in my office.
What I do:
* I support language development for students with dyslexia.
* I support students by partnering with teachers in the MTSS and 504 processes.
* I communicate with parents through our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/austinelementaryHCISD/
* I am a member of our Site Based Decision Making team.
* I research resources for our educators so they utilize a variety of materials.
* I guide and support educators in their professional development growth of language
* I support educators in language lesson development.
* I support educators through structured Professional Learning Communities,
Professional Development, and modeling effective and innovative classroom
* Most importantly I encourage our wonderful educators.
Who I am:
I am the dyslexia therapist at Austin Elementary (2019-Present). I was the Instructional Coach at Austin Elementary for 10 years, since 2009 when the district first began the position. Before becoming an Instructional Coach, I was a Gifted and Talented teacher at Austin Elementary, Crockett Elementary, and Bowie Elementary. I also taught first grade at Crockett Elementary. Originally from Kansas, I moved to Harlingen in 2001 and enjoy the valley very much. Harlingen CISD is definitely the best district in Texas.
I have a Bachelors in Elementary Education with a Minor in Spanish. I have a Masters in Education - Curriculum and Instruction. I am 1-8 certified in the state of Texas. I attended Wichita State University and am a proud "Shocker". While in Kansas I was K-9 certified and taught in a variety of districts. There I gained nine years of experience teaching: third - eighth, fourth grade dual language, and High School ESL.
Helping others learn and grow is my purpose in life and I am proud to be an Austin Knight!